Make an Accurate Diagnosis
For an accurate diagnosis, we identify the individual’s unique expression of psychiatric syndromes and carefully analyze whether or not they are exhibiting psychiatric disorders or symptoms.
- Depression and anxiety are a part of many psychiatric syndromes and are expressed differently in each individual.
- These symptoms may also occur in gifted individuals in crisis who have no psychiatric disorder.
- Understanding the differences is important so that an accurate diagnosis can be made.
Use of Psychotropic Medication
To help support the individual during crisis management, psychotropic medication drugs are often used to prevent further psychological deterioration and restore self control.
- Psychotropic medication is often used during crises to prevent further psychological deterioration and to restore self control.
- Choosing between the different types of mood stabilizers, antidepressants and major or minor tranquilizers can be a complex process and requires clinical judgement that comes with experience.
- Once a solid therapeutic alliance is established, psychotherapy can proceed and the use of psychotropic medication often becomes unnecessary.
Restore Self Regulation
To regain healthy habits, we outline a program for the gifted individual as well as teaching them stress management skills and creating plans on how to eliminate substance abuse and/or self-destructive behavior.
- Active stress management techniques are suggested.
- Programs are outlined for Healthy
- Time Management
- Work Schedules
- Plans are discussed for elimination of
- Substance Abuse
- Self-Destructive Behavior